Yet another year that passed us by...

Dear folks,
                          December 30 or 31st, 2018

                   Before we turn our heads, another new year is already here making us wonder where and how the days and months passed by so quickly!! As one of my friends was talking to me the other day, if the days pass quickly, then your life is interesting. The lucky people are  those who find happiness in what they are doing, without waiting for others' approval. One can say that they have reached the state of eternal bliss or nirvaana while living amongst others. It is tough to reach that state when you always feel pressured to keep doing something with lot of media exposure which seem to be showing that all others around you are achievers!! At the end of the day, the life that one is given is fully theirs....others cannot own it! So, it is your responsibility and choice as to how you want to live!
                                                                    I am not going to write about last year's political, national events and everything around us, as I used to do for the past 2 to 3 years. Because we are bombarded with all the information around us. I just want to put a few words regarding my personal front.

January 24, 2019
                               Here I am back to stick those broken pieces of my thoughts and why after a long gap? Because of travel and other distractions. I am sitting in front of my desktop on the Republic day and trying to finish this one article which is taking me quite a long time to complete. Without wasting anymore time I want to tell you that last year was when my running journey took off. My husband, who is a good runner, is into it for four years. But it took me a long time to overcome the mental block of waking up around 4  o clock every alternate day to go to the venue for the practice runs. As I have not played any kind of sports throughout my childhood, it was a struggle to start with. My pace is not great, and the workout sessions which are on alternate days is every bit a struggle. Almost everybody in the group had played some kind of sports before and so they are in a better shape to improve the pace with each passing week. But I should not be complaining. The challenge of waking up by dawn and being at the meeting point for warm-up and running itself is difficult which I have almost overcome after a few months of struggle. After each group workout, it is not just the whole body but the soul also feels happy and energized. Then 'say cheese' for a group selfie becomes much easier than the normal times. I have participated in a few events last year, and I have the fire in me to keep me going further! Running is more of a mind game and there is a lot of resistance and inhibition that one learns to overcome. All the runners who are into running would have had these thoughts 'running' in their minds- 'Why am I running?' 'What is the purpose of all these?'  'Oh, another early morning, I have to wake up to the alarm sound!' 'Oh, I don't feel like going today!' -----just to name a few and the list goes on! It is more a race against your mind, yourself!

February 18, 2019
                                            It is really tough to keep motivated oneself at all the times when one wants to do so many things at a time and not much seems to be moving or moving at a snail's pace. I would like to be a committed music teacher which is yet to happen, and also pursue art, and of course writing. Much water has flowed from December to February. Yes, it is February and I am still in one post! As our nation gets ready for another Lok Sabha elections in 2 months, it has been dealt with a terrible blow on the Valentine's day in the form of  Pulwama attack which killed 40 jawans, angering the whole nation! Yes, Kashmir and Pakistan are back in focus inciting the patriotism bringing in a feeling of togetherness against the common enemy among the seemingly boiling political differences in the masses!! The Kashmir issue is a long-drawn complex problem for which there are no easy solutions. We have to wait and see how these deaths are avenged! This tragedy has brought out the hidden writers, artists, poets in us Indians and it is natural that lots of artworks, articles, poems were circulated all over the social media. It angers us more to see Mr Imran Khan not taking responsibility for the tragedy and asking for proof!! Another point which was brought out by a friend in a Whatsapp group was that there are no sons of politicians/bureaucrats/film actors in the Indian Army. They are safely sealed from those dangers and unpredictability. Is joining army to serve the nation for the children of  'ordinary God'? Phew!
                                        I finally conclude this article hoping to write more this year as writing gives me some comfort and a good feeling. And almost every article of mine will have some picture I post. And so, here I go...One of the pictures after a workout.

Image may contain: 9 people, including Deepa Nagaraj and Nagaraj Ramanathan, people smiling, selfie

    Have a good rest of the year. Will be back with next post ASAP.

                                                            Deepa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two songs of Ilyaraja in Kalyani Raaga-In the same boat, yet so different!!

25 years since 'Shanti-Ek Aurat ki kahaani'

From the present to the past