Birdies of different feathers flocked here!

 Hi friends,

               Just as we thought the pandemic is under control in India, it is spiralling upwards and we are watching with helplessness and also hoping that vaccines will start working soonest bringing back the carefree life we had BC or before corona.  

           Well, the purpose of this topic is not to write about COVID. It is about the bird paintings  I have been into for the past few years. I would have mentioned before that I have ventured into artworks of different kinds after my marriage. I still don't have an answer as to why I did not draw or paint during my school days.  As they say, for everything there is a time. From pottery paintings,  I have done nib paintings,  acrylic paintings,  oil paintings,  pastels, water colour paintings and some mixed media. I love to sketch, draw faces, eyes, though I need to explore in depth in that area. Somewhere,  I started drawing and painting birds from the photos, mostly from Google. Bird-watching and capturing their right poses is still a luxury which most of us cannot afford to have. It needs lot of time away from the families which is not possible most of the time. Birds are the species which has innumerable varieties of sizes and colours which other land animals will not have. There will be astounding varieties of sea animals , but those living in the land are more visible. Painting the  birds give me the sense of happiness, wonder, satisfaction for the soul which is beyond the description.  I love drawing their eyes, which is relatively easy and which brings life to the picture. The only painting which I did from my own photo is that of painted storks which I took when we visited Rangannathittu bird sanctuary few years back. I will not call many of these paintings as perfect ones, and there are ones which have come out very well and ones that have fallen below my expectations.  Nevertheless,  they are all like my children and I have deep attachment to each of these bird paintings.  I hope to visit some bird sanctuaries or forests in future and capture nice images. Some of them are oil paintings and some are water colour paintings. 

        


           The latest one....painted bunting with water color and pastels.


  From top left to bottom right...scarlet macaw, silver-breasted broad bill, Himalayan blue capped rock thrush, painted bunting. 

   


From top left to bottom right...blue macaw, 2nd copper Smith barbet,  bee eater, love birds.
      
      

 


    Top one , I don't know the name ( anyone can tell if u know), bottom is blue jay.

         


   Black-headed oriole, gold finch,   Bottom right not known to me



       

 


 
                        Hudhud after which a cyclone was named, Kingfisher

        



 
  A group of painted storks in Rangannathittu bird sanctuary. 

 
     

                                  This one is one of my favorites....Crimson-crested sunbird.
               
I take periodical breaks from the birdies and try something else. Next one maybe crow!

Thank you,
Deepa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two songs of Ilyaraja in Kalyani Raaga-In the same boat, yet so different!!

25 years since 'Shanti-Ek Aurat ki kahaani'

From the present to the past